Saturday, October 1, 2011

March 17's Flowers

Darkly chilly days. Expectations are unrealistic. But there are always surprises. Among the ladies final at Indian Wells and men, I made my way cautiously over snow and ice remaining in the jungle, where many snowdrops already visible were joined by the first winter aconite gold at the foot of Magnolia 'Jane'. From there I turned south into the orchard and was walking in the shrubbery, where I noted with pleasure that many of the white flowered plant Digitalis purpurea var. alba looks like they survived the winter and can prove to be permanent temporary. But my eyes were suddenly attracted by a large patch of rosy-pink flowers, and although I was surprised, I immediately knew what they were.

We started to grow cyclamen from seed to four or five years ago, even though our efforts to integrate the purchase of a dozen plants in autumn flowering C. hederifolium Ellen Hornig of Seneca Hills Nursery Oswego. Cyclamen from seed is easy, and if conditions are right, and soon begins to self-sow that is already happening is not very hospitable to our situation, and we look forward to planting of seedlings.

It 'a paradox, he writes, "is not very hospitable to the circumstances", as it is in cyclamen thrive in a dry shade where few other plants are doing well. What I was seeing was the garden of C. coum, is said to be less hardy than hederifolium the mold, we both species in late autumn, preferably after the ground is a bit 'frozen, with pine needles. I had to see the plant had shrugged off the cover to reveal a patch of about 40x35cm. I spread a towel (to put it aside for these purposes) is a wet-land, lying down, fired my way, according to some bushes and the flowers fall, there were at least 70, and I could see the brothers neighbors urgent need to pass their coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment